Frequently asked questions

Q: How does one apply for membership of medical aid?

A: Complete an application form and submit it to the Medical Scheme of your choice for processing.

Q: Do I have to belong to a medical scheme to receive the employer subsidy?

A: Yes, you have to be a principal member (and not a dependant) of a registered medical scheme (Registered in South Africa) in order to qualify to receive the subsidy.

Department of Public Service and Administration