Programme 5: Government services, access and improvement
Purpose: Manage, oversee and facilitate service access, Operations Management, Service Delivery Improvement Initiatives in the public service. Coordinate and facilitate citizen relations and public participation programme.
- Management: Service Delivery Support – provides administrative support and management to the programme.
- Operations Management - manages, develops and monitors the implementation of policies and programmes related to service delivery mechanisms and business process management.
- Service Delivery Improvement, Citizen Relations and Public Participation - manages and facilitates the development and implementation of social compacts and complaints management policy and manages and coordinates citizen relations and public participation programmes.
- Service Access - manages, develops and monitors the implementation of policies and programmes related to service planning, and manages and coordinates service centres and frontline service delivery programmes and interventions.
- International Cooperation and Stakeholder Relations - establishes and manages the department’s bilateral, multilateral and institutional relations and cooperation programmes with international organisations, including the African Peer Review Mechanism and the open government partnership project.
- Centre for Public Service Innovation - facilitates transfer payments to the Centre for Public Service Innovation, which unlocks innovation in the public sector and creates an enabling environment for improved and innovative service delivery through activities targeted at capacity development.