Senior management service conference 2011Transformative leadership in Public Administration and Governance: Creating a better future for all
Date: 21 Sep 2011 - 22 Sep 2011
Venue: Velmore Hotel, Boutuque and Conference Centre
- The theme "Transformative leadership in Public Administration and Governance: Creating a better future for all". .
- Open a dialogue for sharing best practices to find solutions, while promoting Knowledge Management practices.
- Strengthen efficient, effective and development-oriented public service.
The SMS Conference will be taking place during the Public Service Week (PSW). This conference is strategic in institutionalising Batho Pele implementation and improve delivery of public services. PSW is an integral part of the Batho Pele Revitilisation strategy which seeks to instil and rebuild good ethics, morale and pride in public servants' endeavours to translate the people's contract into reality through the provision of quality services that respond to the needs of the citizens.
The Minister for Public Service and Administration further declared the month of September as Public Service Month which will cover various strategic programmes across the public service, including:
- GovTech Conference, taking place from 11-14 September 2011
- PSW, taking place from 19-23 September 2011 (inclusive of SMS Conference).
- Public Service Trainers Forum, taking place from 26-30 September 2011
Last update: 1 September 2011
- Strengthened and promoted transformative leadership in public administration and governance.
- Enhanced knowledge management practices.
- Renewed inspirations and commitment to deliver sustainable quality services to all South Africans.