Public service week Transformative leadership in Public Administration and Governance: Creating a better future for all
Date: 19 Sep 2011 - 23 Sep 2011
- Assess the impact of public service delivery and implementation of Batho Pele policy.
- Open a dialogue for sharing best practices to find solutions, while promoting Knowledge Management practices.
- To fight corruption effectively in the public service.
- The above will be guided by the theme "Transformative leadership in Public Administration and Governance: Creating a better future for all". .
The Public Service Week is an integral part of the Batho Pele Revitilisation strategy which seeks to instil and rebuild good ethics, morale and pride in public servants' endeavours to translate the people's contract into reality through the provision of quality services that respond to the needs of the citizens.
Furthermore, the Minister for Public Service and Administration declared the month of September as Public Service Month which will cover various strategic programmes across the public service, including:
- GovTech Conference, taking place from 11-14 September 2011
- PSW, taking place from 19-23 September 2011
- Public Service Trainers Forum, taking place from 26-30 September 2011
- 19-20 Septemeber 2011 - Deployment of Senior Mangers across the provinces
- 21-22 September 2011 - SMS conference at Velmore Conference Centre
- 23 Septemeber 2011 - Roundtable session at Velmore Conference Centre
Last update: 12 September 2011
- Increased knowledge on progress made, emerging trends and mechanisms in advancing the notion of good governance.
- Introduction and Promotion of the MPSA conversation and dialogue with the public servants on the philosophy of "My Public Servant, My Future".
- Learning and sharing about concrete e-government solutions to complex public administration and governance challenges.
- Renewed inspirations and commitment to deliver sustainable quality services to all South Africans by working together to co-create a better future for all.