Economic Advisory and Support Personnel
CORE Code: 00803
Implementation Date: 1 July 1999
General Scope of Service Delivery:
This CORE is a guide in respect of personnel employed to provide work outputs in the following areas of service delivery,
Download the guide
- Analysing and evaluation of the national and international economic situations and prospects.
- Collection, evaluation and analysing of information regarding the availability, operation and utilisation of certain transport modus.
- Composition and provision of systems of national, social and public accounts for general economic analysis and the determination and formulation of general economic policy.
- Determination and formulation of the Government's general economic policy.
- Determining of and advising on costing and cost control methods for establishing and operating of projects.
- Development and standardisation of statistical methods/systems for the bio-scientific disciplines and providing aid and advice to scientists in the application thereof.
- Development, co-ordination and standardisation of statistical methods/systems and the provision of assistance in the application thereof.
- Gathering, evaluation and analysing of information regarding the availability, exploitation, marketing and utilisation of minerals.
- Overall administration of finance in terms of the relevant laws in connection with the exchequer or any other regulation.
- Regular formulation of and advising of decision makers on comprehensive national economic policy strategies, economic development programmes and economic stabilisation policy dispensations.
- Study and research the primary agricultural sector and agri-business economy.
- Undertaking of agricultural economic research concerning the development of rural areas.
- Undertaking of studies to determine the need for statistics for certain projects.
This document should be read after each CORE: Dimension of Knowledge